How to Set Up Underwater Camera for Fishing?
An underwater camera is definitely an amazing tech tool that can be used for capturing moments underwater. One can click photos or make videos about underwater things so clearly. It can be used while swimming, fishing, snorkeling, or diving.
Underwater cameras can be used as a helping hand for fishing as one can get a proper view of the underwater surface & use tactics according to it. These cameras can give an accurate calculation about how much benefits one will get from fishing in this certain area.
Setting up Underwater Camera for fishing
We should be aware of the two types of settings of an underwater camera like a macro & Wide-angle.
Facts about setting up an underwater camera for macro:
1. We have to select the macro mode for getting the macro vision.
2. Then we have to turn on the forced flash of the underwater camera.
3. We have to try to keep the zoom in the best width ratio.
4. We have to set ISO 100 or lower than this.
5. We have to set up the shutter speed of 1/1000 using F8 in a full manual mode
Facts about Setting up an Underwater Camera for Wide Angle
1. We have to set the mode to a wide-angle for a wide vision.
2. We have to select more than one subject.
3. We have to select F/8 to maintain the foreground & background light for a better motion of the camera.
4. We have to increase the shutter speed for enchanting colors, for relishing the underwater surface experience.
Reasons for Choosing Underwater Cameras
Usually in the traditional way of fishing one cannot see what is actually roaming underwater & we do not know about the exact fish or its size. But with an underwater camera, we can easily find out about the underwater things on the sonar screen. So in a way, it can save a lot of effort & time.
Different types of Underwater Cameras
There are cameras by which we can get to know about what is happening underwater & we cannot share it live with any other audience. But there are some amazing underwater cameras out there that can click pictures with the best resolution, can be connected with many other smart devices & share those videos with people live through the broadband connection..
Features of Underwater Cameras
Different underwater cameras give different experiences & have different features of their own. Before owning an underwater camera we have to select some major options on the camera. Manufacturers are constantly turning it into smaller version than the previous one & there are specific features we should consider like a better resolution, small in size but has different modes, videos with high resolution & can stored into other devices, waterproof without a case & can do white balance on own, lightweight, etc.
Features to Check before Buying
Firstly we have to think about the features like the models of waterproof case & cases have these things to check:
1. Different functions & controls of the case.
2. How user friendly to use this case.
3. Different types of mode & connections,
4. Main lenses & additional lenses of the cameras & what kind of shots it can take macro or wide-angle.
5. We have to check the manual or how does it work.
6. We have to think about the photographic lenses & white balance.
7. We have to think about shutter delay, raw files & megapixels.
8. We have to think about the price & should always extra to the budget for a better experience.
Accessories of the underwater camera
To get a better view of the underwater surface it is not enough to go with only an underwater camera but there are also some types of equipment that should be added to it for a great experience.
1. Lanyard which will give one supports to click snaps.
2. Battery Charger which is a must to get full support.
3. Camera Mount to avoid shaky or blurred pictures.
4. Strobe Arms to focus light on objects.
5. Camera Housing to keep the camera safe.
Best Underwater Cameras:
1. GoPro HERO9 which is light in weight & has F8/F9 filters. It has a larger screen as well as a long battery life.
2. Olympus TG-6 has a small sensor with the best camera quality & it has the best ability for macro shots. It will give coverage of F/18 & unique exposure controls.
3. Panasonic LX10 has advanced features like SLR mode controls & has the best manual with 4k video settings.
4. Panasonic LX100 II is a lightweight camera having more than three sensors & a great customized combo pack for the photographers.
5. Sony RX100VII having 24 to 200 mm zooming strength & has high functioned HD video quality.
6. Canon G7 X III is one the best from canon we can find with the best customization & has an auto flash choice in the manual.
7. Fujifilm XP140 has its own version of the advantage of a big screen to explore the underwater world.
Price Range for Underwater Cameras:
Prices Of underwater cameras can be within the range of $35 to $5500.If one is not ready to invest a big amount on camera he or she can get it with little features through a small price & if one can invest a big amount to enjoy every single technological feature of underwater cameras he /she can make the best use. The more we can increase the budget the more we can explore the underwater world. But we have to always make sure about adding extra budgets to the main budget for the accessories.
Underwater cameras are undoubtedly a great technological tool to capture special underwater moments & it is the best for fishing as it saves a lot of hassles caused by fishing. If one can set up a camera manually she or he can find the exact pleasure of fishing.